Target group / Purpose of funding
Funding is provided to professional artists working in the fields of New Music or sound art (composition, sound art, interpretation, curating).
Eligibility and conditions
- Stipends are awarded to artists who have won recognition for the quality of their work and are able to verify this with their portfolio.
- Artists applying to this programme must provide proof that they have completed a professional qualification within the arts and/or evidence of their professional artistic activities in the field of New Music or sound art over several years.
- Applicants to this programme must live and work in Berlin.
- Artists holding passports from non-EU member states are only eligible to apply if they hold a valid residency permit which qualifies them for self-employment.
- Applicants may not be enrolled at a higher education institution.
As a rule, a stipend of €12,000 will be awarded to successful applicants. However, applications for a funding amount of €8,000 can be made as well.
Call for applications
A call for applications to this programme is usually issued in November of each year for the following year.